218 Bee

DOCSpanky

I just read an article on the .218 bee and am now very entused about using this cartridge for my buisness. I have actually started to hire out to farmers for varmits in the midwest. Its not signifigant income, but it gives me alot of time behind the trigger and makes just enough money to make it profitable. Made less that $600.00 after costs last year if there's any "G" men in here! But the .218 looks like is might be what I'm lookin for. Does anyone make a modern bolt action for this cartridge or know where and how much I can get a Winchester model 43 for?? Any gunsmiths here that might be able to make one at a reasonable price? It also just sounds cool!

------------------
DOCSpanky HM3 USN
Happiness is a smoking gun and a dead criminal;)

not a bolt gun but iirc h&R/NEf makes one of there single shots in that cal. i have one in 223 thats prety accurate mabey this will be of some help

------------------
oneshotonekill

The .22 Hornet is ballistically about the same as the .218 Bee. There's modern stuff chambered for the Hornet. Also, if you handload, you can get the Hornet chamber reamed out for the "K-Hornet", named after the wildcatter, Lyle Kilbourne. The "K" gets about 200-300 ft/sec more than stock...

FWIW, Art

FWIW, I agree with Art that the Hornet or K Hornet would be about as good and factory ammo is still available. Actually, unless noise is a problem, I think I would go to .222.

Jim

If it does'nt have to be a bolt gun, you may want to consider a Ruger #1, they chamber this rifle for a .218 bee, also this single shot action is amoung the best there is. If your a reloader, obtaining ammo is'nt a problem. FWIW I think you'd be very happy with this setup.

Back