2021 CZ P-01 FP Retaining Pin - Spiral

GGuzz

Apparently CZ switched to a spiral pin, single coil with an .03” ID x same 3mm OD. This vs. the double roll pins, and CGW spring steel single roll pin.
Is this change/going-forward on the other models as well?

This is my first entry into CZ, NIB P-01 and fired its first 150 yesterday. It’s features/build and pre/post range inspection/cleaning, why have I only now discovered this bargain!
I first looked at the PCR (don’t need the rail) but walked out with the P-01, looks like I’ll have to go back.

No idea. I have 3 CZs and 1 slide from 2021,all have the typical roll pin.
Some PCRs are shipping with the recurve trigger shoe others are using a shadow 2 shoe.

Dunno. Have you called and asked the question of CZ's tech support?

I can only offer that I've gone through armorer classes for a couple of different gun makers whose engineers chose coiled pins versus roll or solid pins. Another gun company went from nested roll pins to a solid pin, and then back to nested roll pins. Dunno why, other than they thought it was a good idea.

The coiled pins seem to be more tolerant of manufacturing tolerances, though. I've still seen some occasional 'walking' of coiled pins, due to heavy recoil, so periodic inspections are still a prudent precaution, I'd think.

Congrats on the new pistol.

Back