2015 Remington catalog ... Stainless model 7's are back.

i would wecome a model seven in SS left hand .260-.7mm08 or even a 700 SA in SS in the same calibers left handed. i do have a blue model 700 sps SA left hand 7mm08 and love it. eastbank.

Let's hope that Remington follows up with production and shipping.

Our world is rife with advertisements for non-obtainable guns and accessories.

Well, it's been a year since this thread announced the re-issue . . . Has anyone seen/bought one of the "new" M7SS rifles?

I'm looking to get one in .308 to replace an older one in .260 caliber.

Thanx, Dave.

I may have missed it, but I didn't see the 750 semi-auto. Only the 7600 pump. Have they stopped making them? Not that I want one, just curious.

I already own a Model 7 in 223. Older deep blued model it having a handsome walnut stock and barrel sights. Could have at the time have bought other bigger big game hunting calibers listed for use in the Model 7. But was advised not too due to their excessive recoil. (7mm-08 & 308) Besides I have other handier rifles to use for those big game purposes.
Honestly: I like my little model 7. Not having a clip magazine is a plus feature for me. As the rifle is a little jewel to have sling'ed over the shoulder for a scout-about back in those woods I own. I tote mine around all the time when I'm 4 -wheeling and again too when snowmobiling. Not much caliber (223) isn't. But if your a good shot. Caliber isn't a deal breaker especially when one is shooting at something they intend on eating. Although a little loud the 223 is when clipping the heads on bunnies or the occasional partridge & squirrel. Muzzle blast. No matter. I only take one or two small game animals at the very most on such outings. Not often but now & then. The 7's real intended purpose on those outings is primarily due to this State excessive Grey Wolf population. "I don't trust those big nasty dogs." as I've seen & witnessed a few grizzly activity's going on that they were involved in and gave them dogs wide berth when leaving the scene behind me.
Frankly: I would advise anyone. "Given the opportunity to purchase a model 7. Buy it. You won't be disappointed. Great little {and very powerful} rifle it surely is."

Back