200gr 7.62x54r

Dre_sa

So I just procured me a Finnish m39.

Slugs at .311

Anyway I have some components on the way to hand load and I found some 200gr Lapua fmjs.

Trouble is my reloading manuals only go up to 180gr. I know, I'm a dumbass for not looking more thoroughly before ordering.

Anyway I have some IMR 4064 that I use in my other rifles to great effect.

Do you guys know of any load data for 200gr. Fmjs? I've looked in here, other fora and other lost manuals and only see data for cast boolets in 200gr.

Thanks for your help guys

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Well, IMR-4064 should be a good powder. I use IMR-4320, mostly because I bought 8# during the shortage several years back. Just be aware that you have enough case capacity to fit "way too much".

Now, your bullet. Lapua lists only one FMJ 0.311 bullet, a 123 gr clearly meant for 7.62x39. So they're no help. Not even QuickLoad lists a 200, at least not my version. That's unusual.

I like to work with odd and obsolete cartridges, so I am generally willing to use tools like QL to estimate loads and work up slowly with a chronograph. That said, I would put the 200s on the bottom shelf and buy some 180s. They are readily available. Where did you find the 200s? If you get a load worked up, where will you find more? Buy some good 'ole Speer Hot-Cor. They work well in my Mosin.

Back