Zak Smith

Colorado Multi-Gun LLC
presents the
2008 Steel Safari
June 6-8, 2008
Blue Steel Ranch, Logan, NM
http://www.coloradomultigun.com/steelsafari/

D462_2898_img_spl.jpg

Colorado Multigun's Steel Safari is designed to test a competitor's skills shooting rifle in practical "hunting-type" challenges in the natural terrain using what gear he can carry.

Shooters should expect:

* two day-long field stages each involving movement through approximately 3 miles of rugged desert terrain; each field stage will have approximately 10 shooting stations; each shooting station will have 6 target opportunities

* to locate, range, and engage targets at each station under a time limit

* to carry gear used during the courses of fire

* to engage rifle targets from 200 to 700 yards (few engagements outside this range may be required)

* Standard targets sizes are 6"x12" or 12"x12", but some vary.

* fantastic geographic features for a hike-and-shoot match

* an optional long-range side match with an emphasis on KYL ("know your limitations") and speed, for cash payback

* both an "unlimited" and a "light rifle" division.

The Steel Safari has been going on at the Blue Steel Ranch for quite a few years now, but with almost no publicity. This year Colorado Multi-Gun LLC is taking over the match.

D101_3489_img.jpg

article | Blue Steel Ranch 2007 Steel Safari Practical Rifle Match

B100_1082_img.jpg

article | Blue Steel Ranch 2006 Steel Safari Practical Rifle Match

FULL DETAILS, RULES, AND APPLICATION AT http://www.coloradomultigun.com/steelsafari/

Registration will be limited to 30 shooters. Prior-year shooters will get preference in the registration queue until January 15th, after which it will be first-come first-served.

I am the match director. If you have questions, please contact me via email or cell phone. While I try to keep up to date on all relevant forum posts, I seem to often miss the notification emails. Thus, email or call my cell if you really need an answer.

Back