2008 remington adl or mossberg 100 atr

mcraig8377

i have been looking for a good all around hunting rifle. and i noticed mossberg has what they call a 100 atr for about 369.00 i always wanted a remington 700 adl but the price difference is about 80.00 dollars. i also know of people saying the 700 adl was discontinued and replaced with the sps model. now here comes the scarry/wierd part. i just found a remington 700 adl synthetic in 30-06 with the new x-mark triiger and the same exact stock that the new sps model uses. i want that 700 adl but from what i have heard/seen this make of the adl does not exsist. and this 700 adl comes with a 3x9x40 factory mounted scope.ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!:confused:

I have yet to hear consistent good things about the Mossberg. Some people have good results - other's can't get them to group at all. For the same price, the Marlin or the Stevens is a much better options.

buy used

The ubiquitous Remington 700 is a well proven design. there are lots of good used Remingtons at every gun show and gun shop at better prices than new. some even have scopes. More of them are .30-'06 than any other caliber; followed by .270 and 7mm. Shop around and prolong the fun. They're everywhere so don't fall in love with any of them 'til you buy one. If you miss one great deal, oh, well, there'll be another! Now if you happen to run into a nice model 70 Winchester along the way.......;)

Any Remington is better than a Mossberg when it comes to rifles. the M700 is the standard that all others are judged by; it's your money, so buy what will work with no questions.

for what reasons the mossberg actualy seems to be the better action of the two. meaning the savage 110 against the mossberg.the remington seems to run away in every catagorie but i just dont want to spend that much money.

like I said......

Just get a used Remington for 3 or 4 hundred bucks. A new rifle will become used after the first shot anyway. So what's the big deal? Your rifle's just gotta be a virgin? Some of those Mossberg's got recalled because of a serious defect in the bolt a while back.

Any Remington is better than a Mossberg when it comes to rifles.

Must I remind you of the 710/770 afterbirth.:eek::barf:

Go with the 700 my friend! More customs make off that action than any other (just cause there aren't near as many Pre-64 70's out there).

well after all the comparing i could possibly do. i got the remington 700 the trigger seemed much smoother and much crisper than the savage the action seemed to blow away any of the mossbergs and savages.i did think about getting the savage but out of the rifles I had a choice of the savage seemed the worst the mossberg even seemed to be alot smoother but then again these are the three i had to choose from.THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE INFO THE EXTRA 80.00 DOLLARS WAS WELL WORTH IT WHEN COMPARING THEM!

remington 700, i have owned a few 700's, a savage 111 and a mossberg. the 700 is a well proven design and far superior weapon. I will never buy anything other then the 700 from now on for a rifle of this configuration. my latest 700 is a 700 xcr, it has an excellent trigger (3lbs even), well made stock, superior fit and finish. right out of the ox it shot a .75" 5 shot group. i stiffened the forend with bedding compound and some steel rod (i use a bipod), and pillar bedded the action. the gun will now shoot .55" 5 shot groups on average.

Back