2007 Brady Campaign State Scorecard...Check Your Ranking!!!

Darren007

http://www.stategunlaws.org/xshare/pdf/scorecard/2007/2007_scorecard_rankings.pdf

http://www.stategunlaws.org/xshare/pdf/scorecard/2007/2007_state_scorecard.pdf

I found this rather amusing after perusing their website. Its a "scorecard" ranking all the states on their gun control. Colorado scored a 16 thus tieing us for 17th place. But I gotta say I feel sorry for those of you in California ranked #1 (79 points)!!!:p You all might want to move to Oklahoma or Kentucky.:p

The second link is the actual "report card" where they graded each state in a number of categorys.:barf:

I am surprised oregon is that high on the list. We have no waiting period, no purchase limits, no auto ban, we are a shall issue state and we even have legal open carry.

I do notice that not many states actually rate very well with them Once you get out of the top five or six ranked states the points drop way down.

I thought the same of Colorado..."#16 points" ???!!!... then i realized, there is a huge difference between 79 points for california and 16 for colorado :D

Kentucky - Tied for 49th with Oklahoma, which, according to Brady, is the worse state in so far as gun control is concerned.

These are old stats from 2005, but Kentucky ranked 39th in violent crime rate.

California, which ranked 1st in Brady's Gun Control scheme ranked 14th in their violent crime rate.

Can someone get Sarah Brady on the phone and explain this to me?

I see they "praised" us in AZ for not forcing guns on employers property, school grounds, and some odd thing about deadly force not allowed to be the first used? Interestingly enough, there are several instances noted in AZ law when deadly force may be used, and with Castle Doctrine, plus other AZ laws, there is no "duty" to escalate from a lower level of force, if deadly forceis what's required. We almost got the school exception removed this year, but our ex-teacher Democrat governor killed that one.

Nice. We in MO are now down tied for 44th. I imagine it's even worse now, since we just legalized suppressors.

It's wonderful to live in a free state.

Wow!!! We poor Okies are tied for dead last. Guess they do not like the part where a law abiding person can shoot an attacker on the street.

My home state of Minnesota (land of 10K liberals) tied with Nevada and Wyoming? I find that hard to believe. We do have shall issue CC permits now. But we still need an annual permit to purchase a handgun or "assault weapon", or we have to wait for a background check to be completed before purchasing a handgun or an assault weapon. Folks with carry permits are good to go, however, for as long as their permit is valid.

We also have no "RKBA" protection in our state constitution, although our state recently added the right to hunt and fish to our state constitution. Sort of hard to have a right to hunt without a RKBA, don't you think? I was surprised to find Minnesota in good company with Nevada and Wyoming, however.

Back