2002 IDPA Nationals Roll Call.....

bullseyekp

So, who is going to nationals this year and what division/class/squad?

I got my letter late last week. I'll be there shooting SSP/MA in Squad 14. Unfortunately, Dad is probably not shooting this year due to my younger brother's graduation from basic training on October 3.

Maybe we can avoid any rainy episodes like I encountered on the standards last year.

bullseyekp
-Formerly KP95OKC

Last edited:
The Tennessee bunch, aka "Team Redneck", will be there in squad 13 on Fri morning and Sat afternoon. I'll be doing CDP/SS. Not gonna SO this year so let the good times roll!

Mike

Passing on the Nationals this year. I have an elk hunt scheduled and just too many other things going on about the same time. Plus it is kind of unusual to many of us at the high entry fee for a "non-prize" competition. Mid South is a decent facility but it's in the armpit of America. Hopefully some other range will get the nod in the future.

bullseyekp,
Sue & I are on squad 19. Too bad your Dad can't make but it sounds like he has a good excuse. :)
Bill Nesbitt

I will be there. As one of the charter members of Team Redneck, all I can say is I wish our mentor could shoot with us. SO this year, so I will shoot on Wed. Shooting ESP/SS.

Bill got the WV Cof's. Looking forward to meeting you and your wife. Look for me, have no idea what stage or stages I will be on.

bullseyekp,
Just noticed you said SSP/MA. Congratulations. Did you do that with a Ruger? :)

John,
We will be looking for you.

I am shooting SSR/MA and Sue is shooting SSP/EX
Bill Nesbitt

With a Ruger? You bet!

Bill,

I placed 1st SSP/EX at the Midwest Spring Regionals the first weekend in June and got promoted to MA. That was the third 1st SSP/EX place so far this year at a big match so it was probably bound to happen, but I really wanted to wait until Nationals (it was the sandbagger in me). I kicked myself for about a week until I shot the Oklahoma State match and won the SSP division champion title (by a mere .32 seconds). I guess I'm getting good enough to play with the big boys now. :o Scary huh!?

Don't tell anyone, but the Ruger will probably be getting the boot sometime after Nationals and will most likely be replaced by something black. I'll be sure to post about my conversion when and if it happens.

See you in a month or so!

Coming over to the dark side.:D Will it be plastic as well?? :confused:

We will be looking for you at the Nationals. Say hi to your Dad for us.
Bill Nesbitt

I really wanted to be there.

Bill,
The youngest is doing his Basic at Ft. Benning and I just didn't have the time to allow for something not going just right.
We will be there to watch Daniel shoot on Saturday and stay for the Awards on Sunday.
I have to eat at Molly's on Madison street in Memphis at least once a year. The best Mexican place ever.
The youngest is in the reserves in a medical field.
By the way, I shot expert at the classifier last weekend. Perhaps another reason to get another year under my belt before going against the big boys and girls.
See you at the Nationals.

Back