20 lpi or 30 lpi?

Erik

I'd like to hear opinions for and against 20 or 30 lpi. I'm looking to have the work done on my 1911. What do you think?

Erik

Erik, if you're just looking for cosmetics then PB is right. The 30lpi is easier on the hand but it doesn't serve the purpose nearly as well as 20lpi. The 20 isn't bad. I always recommend 20 when I'm checkering a front strap. George

I've got 30lpi on my 1991A1 Compact and it certainly doesn't slip. An added bonus is it doesn't catch the inside of my jacket or vest. I think thay both look good when done by a smith who knows what he is doing.

If you can, find someone who will let you shoot their gun that has 20lpi and someone who has 30lpi. It's the best way to decide which is best for you.

I agree with George that the 20lpi gives a better grip, the 30 lpi is just as functional, I prefer it on my custom pistols, It all comes down to a matter of preference, try the two and make your own decision.SC <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Erik:
I'd like to hear opinions for and against 20 or 30 lpi. I'm looking to have the work done on my 1911. What do you think?

Erik
[/quote]

Back