20 cents a round for 22LR

Prof Young

Was just at Rural King. They had 150 round box of Winchester 22LR for $28, or 18.5 cents a round.

They also had Agulia for less than five cents a round. I'll let you guess which I bought.

I was starting to think that it was a touch unnecessary to buy any 22LR I could find that was less than five cents a shot. Maybe not.

In the mean time, over the last few years I acquired quite a stash.

Life is good.

Prof Young

Well Prof, it was your lucky day. I shoot a lot of rimfire ammo and Agulia is one of the brands I have on hand. It shoots better out of all my guns than Winchester or Remington ammo. In fact, it shoots about as well as my higher end ammo like Eley, RWS, and Wolf. If I were in the store and both Aguila and Winchester were the same price I wouldn't have thought about it twice.....I'd opt for the Aguila.

I wonder if ammo prices will ever get back to pre-pandemic days. Aguila is decent ammo for plinking. I like their Interceptor stuff. Can be used out of a rifle for SD in a pinch.

My local Fleet Farm (Twin Cities Minnesota) had a table full of Federal 325 round bulk .22LR ammo for under $20 (about 6 cents a round) but very little handgun ammunition. Don't know if it's Corona virus or Memorial Day weekend.

Follow up . . .

Today at a Buchheit store I bought a 500 box of Remington (not my favorite 22LR ammo) for only 4 cents a shot.

Life is good.
Prof Young

Back