2 stage trigger for AR-15s

chink

well, the subject says it all. I want to make my AR more accurate, and well... actually, I think it would be cool to have a 2 stage trigger

------------------
It ain't mah fault. did I do dat?

A co-worker of mine has a JP two-stage trigger on his Colt. You can drop it down to 3lbs. He says it's better than Jewell.

A good 2-stage trigger can make it easier to shoot good groups, whether you're shooting off a bench, or from position, as in a High Power match. Compass Lake Engineering installs their trigger in Colt lowers with the sear block for $130, in other lowers without the block for $98. I've got their triggers in all four of my AR's, and really like them. The only limitation is that they're made to adjust down to about 3.5 lbs. minimum, so if you want an easy to adjust trigger that will go lighter than that, the Jewell sounds like the way to go.

I was not aware that JP made a two-stage trigger. I haven't checked their website lately, but don't see it listed in my Brownell's or Midway cat. I've installed three of their trigger/hammer combos in Bush Shorties. The one's that I've installed are definitely single stage, which is what I wanted. I get a pull under 2#, with no creep or overtravel. Feels a lot like the Timney on my VS.

WalterGAII,
Hold off on that thought about the JP two-stage trigger. I might be wrong. Let me double check as to what he said.

Thanks for the info. Do you guys have any links for like Jewell or any of the other companies?

------------------
It ain't mah fault. did I do dat?

Back