2 questions about my new Glock 19c.

Lightsped

1. When I hold my gun and shake it, I hear some play in the slide/frame fit. Should the slide be slightly loose? BTW, my SIg 229 and 92FS are rock solid. Absolutely no movement in the slide/frame fit.

2. Over time will the top part of the G19c barrel (the part that says "9x19" and the serial number) ever turn silverish with the black paint wearing off? I noticed this portion of the barrel on my Sig 229 is turning silver now. Anything I can do to prevent this on either my Sig 229 or G19c?

Thanks

1) I'm fiddling around with my Glock 20C and it seems to have a ***slight*** amount of looseness between the slide and frame, i.e. it's not 100% solid like my Kimber Stainless Target was. Pistols that are intended to function in adverse conditions are often made to intentionally have a looser fit of certain parts so they don't sieze up, and this might be the case with the Glock. Or it might just seem a little looser because of the polymer frame (it has 4 little rails instead of 2 big ones like a metal-frame automatic)?

2) The black finish on the barrel is going to wear off in some places pretty much no matter what. If you put a little bit of oil on it you might buy some time.

C.B.

Back