2 New Toys on the Way

Nodak1858

I found after browsing the net that I felt the need to pick up a couple of new pistols. And of all things they are Hi-points, 380 with the compensator and the 45acp. Got them for $147 each shipped, even with a $20 for both of the transfer fees still $39 cheaper for each than I could find in town. I'm not sure why I have the need to buy them, I know there's a cult like following from some and people who ridicule them. But most agree they do go bang when you pull the trigger and they have a lifetime warranty. I held the same models in a shop here in town, triggers weren't as terrible as some have said, you want bad shoot a Nagant revolver double action. So should have them either end of next week or early the next. Anyone have one or experience with them? Yes I know, blow back, zamak frames, big as tanks and as ugly, I'll ok with that. But what else do guys have to say.

I could not tell you how good or bad they are as I have never owned one so would not be so lame as to say anything either way. That said, would love to see your review. My brother owns one and I he has quite a bit of ammo through his and he laughs every time I bring it up. He always says "yea that dang thing just keeps on running. Who would have figured?"

Good luck and have fun along the way.

These will be "fun" guns, taking out evil tin cans an old fruit and teh like. One of my other favorite cheap'o guns are the Heritage 22 revolvers, have couple of those. Pretty good accuracy and the have no issues. I have big name brand autos and revolvers but I have no problem going on the cheap.

These will be "fun" guns, taking out evil tin cans an old fruit and teh like. One of my other favorite cheap'o guns are the Heritage 22 revolvers, have couple of those. Pretty good accuracy and the have no issues. I have big name brand autos and revolvers but I have no problem going on the cheap.

What makes YOU happy is all that matters.
Not many care for Taurus like I do:
e73fcec7f5d8eb864dff37107a2315fc.jpg

The rest are Ruger and S&W :
7a972f10d31da64c96b988076909297f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I have never shot one but have heard they do run pretty good and if you run out of ammo you can always throw it at them. I am interested in their 10mm carbine though.

I've never owned a Hi Point but I know lots of people who own them and I've even shot a few. For the price they cost they are fine, only issue I've seen with one was it wouldn't feed a hollow point. Run brass cased FMJ and they just run and run and run.

I owned a 40 caliber version, but through a strange series of events traded it away before I ever shot it. It had no obvious flaws.

I bought one of their 9mm carbines used a year or so ago for $120-something. It goes bang every time. I shot a box of ammo through it earlier this week, in fact. Yeah, I would trust my life to it. In a way I have already, since I've shot hundreds of rounds through it with the chamber right next to my face.

I buy a lot of guns, all work and get shot, no safe queens for me. But all my carry guns are well tested and yes I would trust them to save my tail. But fun guns are for fun, that's what it's about. Some enjoy poking holes in paper a long way off, some like hunting, some like shooting bowling pins what ever floats your boat.
Got both my Hi-points, can't wait until I can get out and shoot them.

Back