+2 mag extensions ?

Metal god

Do any of you use them . I have a Shield with mag extensions on the mags but only to allow my pinky a place to sit . These are simple devices that replace the base plate . I recently noticed they make similar extensions that actually allow for extra rounds to be loaded in the mag . In the case of the S&W Shield they make them that turn there standard 7rd mag into a 9rd mag . They claim its no bigger then the factory 8rd mag extension.

Obviously i except they fit and will hold the extra rounds . My question is about reliability and function of the firearm/s that use these ????

https://www.pearcegrip.com/Products/Smith Wesson/PG-MPS+2

What say you ?

All of the ones I've seen on Glocks have worked perfectly. Some Glock mags come from the factory with +2 extensions on them.

My Sig 365 comes with 10 round mags, but factory 12 round mags are available, and I have a couple. They are essentially a +2 extension from the factory. Those have worked 100% for me too.

I have no experience with others. But if Glock and Sig can make it work other manufacturers should be able to do it too.

I have used X-Grip extenders on my Sig P220 Compact, SW M&P Compact, and on my CCO sized 1911s. I carry them as extra mags. They have all worked flawlessly.

Thanks I went ahead and ordered one for the shield . I like the idea of 9+1 rather then the 7+1 I carry now . I was going to buy a P-365x strictly for the capacity and length of grip . I really prefer all 3 fingers on the grip but at the same time want conceal ability. The Shield with 7rd mag conceals really well especially in my new Alien gear shape shift 4.0 . Hopefully this new extension does not make the grip to much bigger .

I have used similar extensions over the years without any ill effects. I'm sure they will be fine for what you're looking to accomplish. If I can get a few more rounds with the same footprint as the factory mag, why not go for it?

Be sure to give us a review once you have had a chance to try them out.

I use Magpul 12 round magazines in my GLOCK 26. It allows me to get three fingers on the grip, 13 rounds in a very small/light package and still very easy to conceal. I purchased three and have used them extensively at the range with zero issues.

I've seen some that only make room for additional rounds, but I'd also want a more powerful spring, since you're asking the spring to lift a heavier stack of rounds.

I carry a Glock 26 with the standard 10-round mag, and a 12-round factory mag in my pocket. I practice regularly with both, and the 12-round has never malfunctioned.

Do any of you use them . I have a Shield with mag extensions on the mags but only to allow my pinky a place to sit . These are simple devices that replace the base plate . I recently noticed they make similar extensions that actually allow for extra rounds to be loaded in the mag . In the case of the S&W Shield they make them that turn there standard 7rd mag into a 9rd mag . They claim its no bigger then the factory 8rd mag extension.

Obviously i except they fit and will hold the extra rounds . My question is about reliability and function of the firearm/s that use these ????

https://www.pearcegrip.com/Products/Smith Wesson/PG-MPS+2

What say you ?

Glock made +2 magazine extensions are the only ones I have ever messed with.

I got once a replacement magazine spring from Wolff, for a KCI brand Glock 19 magazine. It turned out to be an extra power spring, and the same spring they would sell for the full length Glock 17 mags. Loading the 19 length magazine with that spring was quite difficult.

Added a Glock extended base. Problem solved.

That extension was delivered. After installation it does except 9 rounds but it ain’t smaller or even the same size as the 8rd mag . Its close to a 1/4” longer but seems fine . I’ll be testing it tomorrow, I’ll update after

Back