2 3/4" OO MAGNUM BUCK?

mvdemarco

Is there a significant amount of recoil with the Remington 12 pellet buck over the standard Remington OO buck? Let me know what you think.

Mike

Some difference, but not significant, IMHO. You get more payload, but less speed. Having wacked a few deer with the 9 pellet load, I'm unsure of the advantages of the 12 pellet load. Both work.

Giz

There's probably more,Mike, but I'm not noticing it much. In lighter shotguns, with unperfect form, a 12 pellet load can hurt.

And after maybe 20 years of shootng same in a Correctional system, I see very little a 12 pellet 00 load will do that a 9 pellet load won't.

IMO, except for very special circumstances, "Serious" shotgunners would be better off not using either 12 or 15 pellet 00 loads.

Magnum is an old Cherokee word for "Moneywaster"(G)....

You might want to try the Estate "SWAT" reduced recoil loads. Some of us, including me, have tried this and found it excellent. Lower priced, also. Natchez may still have it for $2.19 a TEN pack....

I bought some of that Estate 00. When shooting one at a time I didn't really notice that much difference between it and the Federal "premium" 00 I'd been shooting. But when I put two of the regular and then two of the reduced recoil loads in, I could really feel and hear the difference.

The patterns were not that different. At ten yards the Federal regular 00 made about a 7" circle, while the Estate made about a 5" circle. At 15 yards the Estate opened up to about 8".

Back