1st GSSF match soon !!!

Adam5

I’m shooting in my first GSSF match soon. I'll be using a new Glock 17 and was wondering if anyone had upgrade suggestions. I'm getting a grip wrap this weekend. The smith at the range is suggesting a trigger job. I was thinking about possibly changing the sights. Any suggestions ?

Adam

I'd go with an aftermarket trigger, if they were allowed, but, since they're not, I'd install a polished 3.5# o.e.m. connector and polish everything in the firing mechanism. Ditto on some good sights. I like Agrip.

I'd forget the grip wrap unless you glue it to the grip, which I would not recommend. The wrap has a tendency to twist during firing and becomes more of a problem than a help.

Go to the range and practice a bit beforehand. Leave the gun alone, shoot the match and have fun:) You don't have to come in first to win at a GSSF match.

Still wearing the hat every day

Thank you, Mr. Edwards.

I 'worked' a GSSF match; gotta hat (see above), gotta a couple T-shirts, gotta field knife, gotta new M17 (sorry, had to sell it to buy a SA 9x19 1911).

Go, shoot, have fun.
Later on decide what crap you'll want to change.....

Adam5, are you going to shoot the match at South River Gun Club? I'm kind of playing around with te idea of going to that one myself. I'm in Augusta, wouldn't be much of a drive.

Still wearing the hat every day
Same here. I would shoot without making any changes, then see what you want to change if anything after. They award guns any money at random so you don't have to be on the top to win, unless you shoot expert. From what I saw at the one I worked was most people had trouble in five to Glock with the 20 and 25 yard targets. That is what I would practice. Most of all just shoot it and have fun.
Rusty

I've not shot a GSSF match, around here there aren't any, but I have shot a Glock 35 in USPSA for just over a year. I haven't changed a thing. The 35 does come with a 3.5lb trigger, extended mag and slide releases, and adjustable sights. I am going to get new sights soon because the front one came off unexpectedly and I've finally reached a point where I think I might be good enough to need better sights. The more you try to change a Glock the less reliable it becomes. There's a guy I shoot with who's an IDPA SSP Master, and the only thing he's done to his G34 is switch to Dawson sights and get a grip wrap.

Back