1st full auto gun!!!!!

Snake Jenkins

I got my first full auto firearm a M2 carbine ,I know it ain't a '28 Thompson or a 1918 BAR but it's mine!!!! Where can I get good 30 rd mags for it?????

Snake

Congratulations. I've been looking for a C&R M2, so far without success. For mags check an issue of Shotgun News, lots of sellers there.

Went out to the range this past weekend and had a blast. My only problem now is reloading enough .30 carbine ammo to really enjoy a Sat. afternoon poping caps.

Snake

The Civilian Marksmanship Program, AIM Surplus, and some other advertisers in Shotgun News have relatively good deals on .30 Carbine ammo, if you want to stop reloading for a while and just shoot.

How difficult is it to control the M2? People keep calling it a climber. I haven't shot one, so I don't know.

congrates!

i saw a muzzle brake in shotgunnews the attached via setscrews. it helps somewhat but no big difference.alot of the 30 round mags dont work reliably 100 percent.i forgot the site but you can get the usgi original 30 round m2 mags for 24 bucks..used of course(they will be stamped just as the 15 round usgi mags are).stay away from the aftermarket mags..they are J.U.N.K!i know you dont get much zip with the 15 rounders but they will work.try battlerifles.com.

Compared to a M1 Thompson and a M3 Grease Gun there is no muzzle rise. I haven't had any problem keeping 5 shot bursts in a 12" diameter at 20 yards with it. When I play with a 10 shot or higher burst the group size escalates rapidly.
I got my new ShotGun News in yesterday and have been checking out the ammo and mag prices ever since.

Snake

ive never shot the tommy gun or the grease gun in fa mode,ive always wanted a thompson smg but could not afford one.another good thing about the m2 is that there are tons of replacement parts and they are very inexpensive.you may hear people saying the 30 carbine round is ineffective but its not meant to be a rifle round,it was designed as a replacement for the heavy m1 garand rifle-an inbetween the 45 auto pistol and the garand-a pistol round.in my opinion,the 30 carbine is a decent round capable of doing the job at pistol range.i believe some prisons used to issue them to guards.too bad their following hasnt become more popular today with the law enforcment community.congrats again on your m2.

Back