1st DEER.

VTR996

With a muzzleloader that is...The morning of the last day,,just put out a cig. & was starting to get up and walk a little,,when there he was 40 steps away broad side,,so I lowered the boooooom on him.......FRIGGIN NO GOOD PIECE OF STUFF....There is a reason for METALIC CARTRIDGES and if you dont know why hunt with a muzzleloader for a while and you will. Not the inlines,the cap and ball type.

Any way we tracked him for about a mile,up and down hills,crossed a creek 3 times,through some of the thickest briar patches he could get in,,took about 2hrs. finally found him.I hit him a little toooo far back,just missed his lung & hit the liver nooo problem following the trail as the .50 tore a big hole through & through...I just can't believe how tough these critters are.

Well,checked him in, 88lbs free of his insides and a 3 point,1 long spike on one side and a fork on the other....Got him home,cut and ground for 2hrs and gonna try some chilli tonight...and fry some little steaks off the loin for biscuits and gravy in the morning.

Anybody got any spicy recipies for venison??

Back