1991 fine details for a hobby

Longshot4

My interest in my Colt 1991 has been kindled. I have been reading the Custom Government model pistol by Layne Simpson.

I want to learn more about the details needed to work on the above pistol. Who, What, Where and How do I go about it.

I am retired and could use the indoor hobby in the Winter.

I think you will find that the 19991A1s deliver a lot more than you would expect. I purchased one in the 90s and it actually would feed empty cases new out of the box. The finish isn't much, but that's easily corrected, and the plastic parts are easily replaced if they bother you (although they aren't subject to any high stresses and are perfectly functional).

If you can find a copy, Hallock's .45 Auto Handbook is a neat book. It covers a lot of ground, from how to hold the gun, to adjusting extractors, etc.

But if you want to be able to put it back together, first read Kuhnhauser's book. :)
It's sooo embarrassing to have to take it in pieces to a gun store and suffer the insults.

There are fewer pieces in most firearms than in a child's picture puzzle.

May be true in some cases, but I've never seen a little spring that's shot across the room somewhere or a ball detent that mysteriously rolls away never to be found again in a child's picture puzzle.:D

Best Regards
Bob Hunter

Back