1980’s k frame rear sights

rblrbl

Inactive
I’ve done a bit of research but I’m a little confused about what possible rear sight replacement options there are for a mid eighties k frame adjustable. I just picked up a nice looking model 66 from gunbroker, and I’m thinking of getting np3 from Robar, and upgrading the rear sights. Thanks for any advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing in particular. Just want to see what options are out there. I was looking at Bowen sights but don’t think they work with older models

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Millet made a rear sight that was interchangeable with the stock Smith, I used one in Competition for a short time and then restored the original sights as I found I could not improve on them.

Go on Brownells website and you can live chat with someone who will give you the details.

I replaced the rear blade on one of my Model 19 sights because the gun shot low. I did a live chat with the guy at Brownells and he dialed me in.

There was the old Millet that was made for the S&W, but it's long out of production.
Other then replacement after market rear sight blades, I don't recall anyone ever made a full replacement sight other then Millet.

Right now, the only replacement I know of is Cylinder & Slides Extreme Duty FIXED non-adjustable rear sight.
This comes with a wide variety of options.

https://cylinder-slide.com/Category/SWsghts

The Bowen rear requires the rounded-front base shank, they don't make one for the older square-ended shank.

The C&S is a nice unit, very visible, but you do limit yourself to fixed sights, and while you can drift it for windage, if it doesn't mate with your POI, you're stuck with wherever it lands & have to use Alabama Over-Underage in estimating.
Denis

Back