1953 Romanian TTC Tokarev

us.marine

The latest purchase. 1953 Romanian TTC Tokarev pistol in Cal. 7.62x25. It is a sweet shooter. I have never been interested in post WW2 firearms, but after shooting this baby, I realize I have been missing a lot of fun shooting the old soviet military pieces. Just missing a cleaning rod. Love the patina on the leather holster!

Very nice - looks like a lot of fun shooting!

Have a couple of questions that hopefully you can answer. I ran across one of these in a LGS - looks to be in excellent shape. Comes with holster, extra magazine and a box of ammo - they have $299 on ti - it is consigned so don't know if there is wiggle room or not. What are these going for at the local gun shops>

Second question is on ammo - I've looked in my reloading manuals but the 7.62 X 25 isn't listed. I'm assuming folks are reloading fore these. Is 1 X brass common enough to be found for reloading?

I've never looked at surplus handguns like this but they look interesting and a good way to do some shooting/reloading - just unsure about the ammo?

Thanks.

True, but I doubt there is much "once fired" Boxer primed .30 Mauser to be found. Most of what you will pick up is Iron Curtain surplus with Berdan primers.

Watched a video...

In which the sender cut down .223 brass and reshaped.

I have about a hundred rounds so modified. I will let y'all know how they works.

True, but I doubt there is much "once fired" Boxer primed .30 Mauser to be found. Most of what you will pick up is Iron Curtain surplus with Berdan primers.

Tue dat. Old Remington or Winchester brass is definitely not common anymore, but you can still get Fiocchi and Prvi Partisan.

What I was referring to was reloading data being listed under 7.63 Mauser or .30 Mauser. The data would also be suitable for 7.62x25.

Most people reload .308, but .309 is better. I think spec is .310 Probably a good idea to slug the bore if your looking for perfection.

I think the Toks are great guns and fun to shoot. So much so that I have 3; a Romy and 2 Yugos. The rounds are available commercially-I've had no trouble finding 7.62 X 25 regularly.

Back