1944 BSA No4T

Tikirocker

Just finished restoring this 1944 M47C No4T back to Military trim ...rifle is matching - scope is a No32 Mk1 made by Kershaw & Sons.

Best Tiki.

ev6zhj.jpg

ezu45.jpg

plhuc.jpg

2ik5o9l.jpg

2yzkltc.jpg

That is a fine rifle!

I can't help but note the M1907 sling. Who made it? I have an unknown M1907 that is visually identical and it is well made but I can't figure out which company produced it

How's the rifle shoot

No4T sniper rifles were generally slung with the 1907 sling, it was preferred by British snipers because it could be adjusted quickly for many different types of positional shooting. No idea who made mine either.

Has yet to be range tested ... will keep you posted!

Cheers, Tiki.

Very, VERY nice!

Who was the original fitting done by? H&H?

I've heard rumors, but have never seen it confirmed, that some were also fitted by Rigby and W. Evans.

Any truth to that?

That turned out exceptionally nice. I really like the furniture on it. Hope it shoots as well as it looks, a winner!

Is that a P-H center swivel?

I got the chance to use my No4(T) in a few matches this last summer, did pretty well but had to bow the Swiss K31's. Those guys were getting moa or better. I had Wheatie rebuild my scope last year, it is a pleasure to use now.

I'm going to work on some reloads and see if I can get this to shoot a little tighter.

finished02.jpg

finished01.jpg

finished03.jpg

Crate,

Yours is a beauty! As to the sniper swivel, yes, it is a Parker Hale type long swivel. Having said that, both long and short are acceptable as I have seen the long swivel on No4T's in pictorial works by Skennerton or Laidler also. The longer swivel is acceptable also since the sniper swivel was a late addition to No4T's inspired by their use in the Target Shooting community first. Same case with blackened and non blackened back sights - Laidler states both are acceptable.

Cheers, Tiki.

;)

Nice job. My '43 has a MkII scope I got from Pete Bloom about ten years ago on one of my trips over.

4f7a3481.jpg

1e1293cc.jpg

I prefer it over my '44 with the MkIII.

Again well done on both rifles gents.

Cheers
..MJ..

Back