1927 Remington .22 special

RHC

My wife's grandfather died recently and this was among his guns. He told me that he was given the gun when he was a young man by an exhibition shooter who he helped set targets for. It has an octagon barrel, and is one sweet shooting, accurate rifle!
Any ideas on value? I don't think they're interested in selling, but they need an idea about value to help them split things up.

Good thing you asked for more information.

I hadn't seen the gun in several years and gave you the information they gave me. When I went back and looked at it myself here's what I found out:

It's actually a Winchester model 90 pump action, listed as .22 WRF. The serial number is 659xxx. The stock was broken early on (he told me a long story about it once) and repaired pretty roughly.

RHC, my records show that your Winchester Model 1890 was made in 1924 making it a 'Third Model'. The original finish on this Model 1890 should be blued. The color case hardened receivers were discontinued in 1901. Chambered in .22 WRF and if it were in excellent condition it could be worth about $600-$900. In poor condition it might be worth about $250-$400. Premiums would be added for deluxe grades versions or those with stainless steel barrels. Hope this helps!

Steve Mace

------------------
After today, its all historical

Back