1911's that are beauty's but dont require robbing a bank to buy....

law_school

Inactive
In no particular order:

1)Wilson Combat KZ-45
2)Gunsite GSP 2000
3)Kimber CDP
4)Springfield Armory Loaded Models
5)Burns Grey Ghost....

BEn

I robbed a bank.....

and am the proud owner of a totally custom 1911 45ACP (Caspian, of course).

Parts add up LOL. Worth it. You can buy my gun for only $4000.

STI is about $2000 and Wilson is about $3000. Of course they have lots of models. I bought a Kimber Gold Match SS via the web for $1050. I would have thought of an STI if money were no object. But, if I had more money than I do, I would rather buy a 2nd gun. It seems like a Wilson would be maybe 5% better than mine but at 3X the price.

(I DID spend $1200 on a one of a kind SS 10/22 though. So don't listen to me. At least it looks way different though.)

Bought this gun & holster for less than $1000:

View

So far (about 250 rounds) I can say it functioned almost flawlessly. Wolf 230 grain hardball seems to lock the slide back prematurely, probably due to the relatively hot loading & the fat bullet that's used. I've trimmed the tab on the slide lock that engages the mag follower in an attempt to eliminate that, but haven't had a range session yet to check it out.

With all other hardball & HP defense ammo, it has functioned without incident.

Just picked up a Classic Stainless the other day to go with it.

These 1911 pistols are an addiction!

The Wilson Combat KZ45 is about $1000. STIs run around $1500 for normal models, but of course can go as high as you like.

STI is about $2000 and Wilson is about $3000. Of course they have lots of models.

The Wilson KZ-45 is less then $1100. Another one you might want to add to the list is the Rock River Arms Standard Match. It goes for $1025.

Whew! Some 'dem prices are high, but you get what you pay for-or build yourself. My wife wanted a shorty 45, and after I heard about all the nightmares some folks were having, we decided on a Colt Compact 1991A1. I installed a King's bushing and retention setup which I much favored over the stock setup so far as going into battery (teardown is a bit more complicated, but manageable), and because she has very small hands, put a king's beavertail safety so it felt better to her. It may not be the best looking visually, but for less than $500 including parts, the little guy will feed some surprizingly sloppy reloads, and the groups will make you smile! That is my definition of a "purty" one.

CastleBravo,

You can see the gun if you travel to the right IPSC/USPSA matches.

ps I have NO IDEA how to take a picture and get it onto the internet. I specialize in HANDGUN AMMO!

PS

My guns are written off as 'test equipment' (but "sometimes I has some esplaning to do" LOL.)

-------------------------------------

"all my handguns are write-off handguns"

The SA Loaded models are good bang for the buck.They have all the features more expensive guns have for a lot less.They only drawback is they're made in Brazil and the "loaded parts" are not made as strong as say a Colt XS's parts.They have a lifetime warranty though.

P.S.

Guns are like sex...it doesn't matter how much you pay.

Para"s "limited" models run about $800.00 [or less] and are a great buy.

I have one of thier P-14 "Limited" models and have no problems with it so far. I don"t care for thier sights that are installed but overall i would rate thiere gun a 9.

If i had some extra cash laying about, an STI in 10mm would be in the offing...:)

You should be able to get either a Colt 1991A1 or Springfield MilSpec for around $500. I've got both and zero problems: reliable and dead accurate with the 5" barrel.

Back