1911 style 9mm comments

glock35er

Inactive
I`ve been thinking about one of the new 2001 model springfield fullsize stainless models for IDPA primarily.Does anyone else even make a 1911 9mm ?Do any of you all own one and please give me some feed back.I have a colt officers (45acp)of course for CDP but I could shoot the 9 in ESP.
Thanks,
Les

I used to meddle with a Series 70 1911 in 9mm. It was fun, since there wasn't any particular recoil compared to serious .45ACP social loads. Real easy to get rapid-fire tight groups in IPSC-style shooting.

I also had a 9mm Commander; pretty much the same thing.

FWIW, Art

Hello sir,

There are a number of other "brands" available. For example:
- Kimber
- STI
- Strayer Voight (If you don't have a tight budget)
- Wilson
- Ed Brown
- Para Ordanance
- Les Bear

To name a few. Look at: http://www.gunhoo.com for links to the sites....good luck with searching.

BTW. if you're getting a 1911 in 9mm, be sure to get one with a ramped barrel. Otherwise you will have tons of feeding problems (I saw this with a buddy of mine, who had a ramped barrel installed after shooting 1000 round of which about 200-300 didn't feed right, he hasn't got those problems now).

Edited for spelling

Good luck on the Springfield. I too went through this search a little while ago and was pretty much laughed at by the dealers. Though Springfield lists this item on their website as a production gun they only do limited runs of it. You have to catch them at the right time of the year or be real lucky to actually get one. Actually, I believe the "right time of year" is coming up. As I recall, I was told they did the runs at the beginning of summer.

I saw a Colt in 9 once but just couldnt bring myself to buy another since my bad luck with them.

Back