1911 search is . . . over!

Prof Young

Found a Ruger SR1911 in stainless steel at LGS. Very impressive. Did the paper work and made down payment. Price is good deal below MSRP.
Pick it up later this week. Look for pics and a range report.

Life is good.
Prof Young

I'm quite happy with mine. It's one of only two "just for fun" firearms I own - everything else serves a purpose.

I love mine and it is a never sell pistol in my collection. It is my most accurate 1911. When i carry a 1911, this is the one.

Another lover of the SR 1911 here. Carry gun for years and eventually had a bunch of wilson combat parts installed in it.

Ruger is a relative late-comer to the 1911 market but, unlike some other gumakers, they seem to have done their homework and they make a very decent gun for the money.

Not a fan of stainless 1911 variants....until I bought my Ruger. For the price, it's loaded with features and the fit/finish is very impressive.

For me, the Ruger .45 4.25" I had didn't work well for me.
Too many small parts broke; it wasn't accurate enough/I wasn't accurate enough with it.

For most other folks, it probably would have been great; but it wasn't for me.

I didn't want readers to believe everybody is happy with Ruger 1911s, as I wasn't.:(

For me, the Ruger .45 4.25" I had didn't work well for me.
Too many small parts broke; it wasn't accurate enough/I wasn't accurate enough with it.

For most other folks, it probably would have been great; but it wasn't for me.

I didn't want readers to believe everybody is happy with Ruger 1911s, as I wasn't.:(
Which begs the question: Exactly which small parts broke?

I'm curious about that as well. I'm not defending Ruger or the SR1911, and much of what I own are other brands, but I've never had a part break on any firearm I have owned.

I turned one down at a show last fall. NIB, for $600 I was tempted. If it had been blue I would have owned it. Ruger makes many guns that I don’t like but I don’t know of any that aren’t made well.

If the Ruger had been out before I turned 21 and was bitten by the Kimber bug... You bet your bottom dollar that I would be the owner of two Ruger 1911's. A good friend of mine had one, and I had the chance to put a box of shells through it. Rivals my kimber, hands down.

Drm50 said:
I turned one down at a show last fall. NIB, for $600 I was tempted. If it had been blue I would have owned it. Ruger makes many guns that I don’t like but I don’t know of any that aren’t made well.

$600 was a great price when I bought mine almost 10 years ago. I hesitated like you did because it wasn't blued. Not to say you should be kicking yourself in the pants...but you should be kicking yourself in the pants! :D

I predict you'll like the piece, Prof...both of mine (SR1911 & SR1911CMD) have been outstanding...accurate, reliable (virtually 100% with handloads, JHPS etc.), and with all the features a carry/combat 1911 should have and none of the mall ninja folderol.

Sights are good Novak style, checkered MSH, enough beavertail to avoid hammer bight & position the hand in a firing grip, SS construction for realistic everyday use...it's a winner.

And the price you paid is a real bonus...Best Regards, Rod

Back