1911 question...

Catchabullet

Soooo see attached image... should I be worried that there seems to be impacts on the steel here where the disconnect or rides? Chipped into a half circular shape...? Maybe it was like that before As I’ve never paid attention to that spot. Perhaps I’m just being paranoid as I’m trying to set my permanent over travel screw (10-8 performance flat). Any input would be appreciated.
Oh and I’ll post pics in here shortly of my completed commander.

seems like my iphone did not want me to technology proper....well excuse the crappy clarity and it was difficult to take but the spot in question has a brass punch pointed at it.

Attachments

• 1911 disconnector area 2 (4).jpg
    1911 disconnector area 2 (4).jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 98
If my eyes are seeing it right it looks like the casting "flaw" in a cast frame. They look like a flaw but really it's just the meeting of two angles at a sharp angle and a bit of the thin cast iron breaks off. There was a thread long ago about it and when I looked at mine it was broken out there too.

But the fact is that there is little to no stress at that point during firing and when, in the distant future, the gun needs to be repaired it will have zero to do with the tiny broken out place, judging by mine.

Also... found out from a good gunsmith that a previous gunsmith did not file the disconnector proper....soooo it's been rubbing there. that being said, he's fixing my trigger job as there was other issues.... but I have a feeling that.... thats what caused it. He also said that I was trying too hard by worrying about that spot. lol.... I'm very OCD

Back