1911 Magazines

I'm fond of Wilson 47D's. Others like McCormick's or Tripp's. They all work although you will occasionally find a gun that doesn't like one of them. I've modified all my magazines with the Wilson followers and springs and everything I have is now an eight rounder. I have Metalforms, Pachmayrs, and Randalls modified this way.

Good advice there!
I use Wilson, Chip McCormicks.
Have tried others (cheaper) and i don't trust them for carry.

I used to have my own working theory that the lowest priced magazine on the market that was still good enough, high quality and reliable enough to be worth my money was the Chip McCormick Shooting Star series. That was 15+ years ago. Back then, the Wilson 47D was the absolutely uncontested KING of all 1911 magazines.

These days I don't do a lot with 1911's, I have some ACT-Mags that work well for me. Now my best shooting bro has a slew of 1911's and carries and shoots them constantly, his favorite is the Tripp Cobra mags.

One thing for sure, the world of 1911 mags is sure a lot better these days than it was 30 years ago. Back in the 80's and early 90's, the market was loaded with fake Colt marked mags and they sucked out loud.

I picked up some old mil surplus mags a while back. Feeding was hit & miss. But at $8 each i didn't mind hitting the mag releaseand dropping the mag in the gravel.

Back