1911 Magazine question

exilefromhell

I bought a Wilson combat magazine for my full size Kimber Custom II Stainless to try it out. I don't find it any better than the mag that came with the gun. It feels a little more solid and is slightly harder to load. It also does not fit flush like the factory mag. Will the WC magazine serve me better in the long run than the factory mag? I read somewhere that the factory mag is actually a Chip McCormick stamped Kimber. Is this true?

Thanks

How much do you shoot?

I shoot both USPSA and IDPA, and everyone I know wh shoota a 1911, uses Wilson mags. I have two McCormick Power mags, and they have spread out at the top so that they drag on mag ejection. My Wilsons are much older, and exhibit no such problen. When everyone uses one brand, there MUST be a reason!

Exilefromhell, i have a kimber fullsize i ahve three wilson combat 47 mags i have had both for a year are so never had a problem with the mags you want go wrong with the wilson mags.

I've got two Wilson mags for my Kimber. One takes force to insert, and neither will not drop free. Only one will lock the slide back reliably. The Shooting Star mag that came with the gun functions perfectly. Anyone interesed in 2 Wilson-Rogers 47D mags, good condition? E-mail kwb377@msn.com

Last edited:
Back