1911 is it really worth it.

CBlackjr

Unfortunately the 1911 is going to be banned in Kalifornia starting next year. I have been saving up money to get a HK .45 usp in stainless steel, which has been discontinued, but I can always go with the blue steel. Now here is my problem, I have the money to get the USP but since they will be legal next year and the 1911 will not, should I just get a 1911 now, or should I get the stainless steel USP. If I get the USP I am sure I will be able to eventualy find a 1911 through a private transfer. Also is the 1911 truly worth it, and why. I know there are alot of parts available for one and it seems alot of people speek highly of them. I have never fired one before but I have fired the USP and I love it.

All I can say is find one and try it. The 1911 is one of those guns that is either loved or hated. No middle ground. For my own position, it is the ONLY centerfire semi that I have ever liked shooting. But then my preference is for DA revolvers anyway.

1911 Is is worth it

I say buy the USP. In my experience the USP is ready to go out of the box and they run great. At the most you may have to adjust and or replace the the front sight to get it to zero for you and the ammo your choose.

I am a big fan of the 1911 (I have been shooting them since the mid 70's), but I think the USP is a better out of the box pistol for the money.

If you were going to buy a Les Baer, or comparible, you would have a pistol that is ready to go but you would spend about $1800 .

Get the Gun you want most of all. Simple as that. If you don't you will always kinda kick yourself for not getting what you initially want.

Settling is never a satisfactory feeling.

If you want the H&K, so be it. You will then be happy.

There are 1911's galore around this country. Private sales
will always be a viable option.

Of course if you could try each weapon first, and then make an educated decision, that is the best move.

I do not own the H&K, but I have tried them, and thought it was a very nice gun.

I am a 1911 fan. I own a couple Government model 1911's.
For carry purposes, I like my Paraordnance P-12 Limited.
12 rds of pure magic.

I just bought my first 1911,a SA Mil-Spec because I thought it might be my last chance to get one in Kali.The next day Kimber passed the drop test(or should I say paid the 5k fee)and are now SB15 compliant.

Slartibardfast,

Kali is not banning 1911 in particular. Kali A$$**** have passed Senate Bill 15 (SB15) that all handguns will have to pass a safety test and drop test before they can be sold in Kali. Actually Kimbers have already pass this test, i think they manufactured a new series of handguns just for this (Series II).

hope this helps, but you can check which handguns have passed by going to this site http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/certlist.htm

jhunnetaz,....

I would buy a Caspian frame and slide, or Rock River. That way you can invest a little bit of money now, and eventually build an awesome 1911, or make a killing selling it sometime after the first.

Since Para Ordnance and Kimber PASSED the Kommunist levy, There's no longer a rush on HK or 1911. Buy the one you want now, and don't worry about deadlines.

FWIW, I own a USP45, and LOVE it! I'm not usually a fan of half stainless/half polymer pistols, but side by side, my buddy's USP stainless sure is "prettier" than mine!

thanks for your comments everyone. BTW I am going to get the HK. I get a 1911 from either wilson, thunderranck, or kinber in the future.

Back