1911 Grips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Futo Inu

What I am working on here is a list of all the specs for my "dream" 1911 pistol for "someday" which I will submit to SV or some other maker to quote me a price.

What I am trying to find out right now is who offers those nice wooden grips that wraparound the frontstrap with finger grooves (all wood). Lots of folks have the standard wood ones, and I think Hogue makes the rubber wraparounds (no bueno for a sweet 1911), but have not seen the one-piece wooden ones except in a picture here and there. Thanks.

I've got a set that I got from Hogue some years ago, they're not really one piece, just look that way, they're two grip panels that meet on the frontstrap. The service I got from Hogue is the reason I've never bought another of their products.

Back to top...Thanks motorep. But does anyone else have info, experience, good or bad on these from Hogue or some other maker? TIA.

I think these look downright beautiful on a stainless 1911.

Although I think you are looking for wood grips. I reference to the Hogue grips I have a set of Hogue finger groove grips that are one piece. I really liked the feel and shootabiliy but it was alittle fat for me to conceal and carry. I now have a set of Hogue panel grips...much thinner and feel great.

I really like the hogue rubber better than all the rest. I guess that why I bought a 10/22, just so I could have a rifle with an Hogue overmold stock.

If someone is looking for the set of finger groove wraparounds you can have them cheap...as that I found what I like best.

------------------
lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back