1911 Elite Stainless

stokesj19

Wondering if it is a decent gun for the money. I have read bad things about their ejectors but this on says its made EGW. Def. a good looking gun for the money.

5” Match-Grade Ramped Barrel
2-Dot Rear, Green Fiber Optic Front
Stainless Steel Frame & Slide
EGW® HD Extractor
Oversized, Flared Ejection Port
Beavertail Grip Safety
Skeletonized Match-Grade Trigger
Satin Stainless Steel Finish
Cocobolo Double Diamond Grips

Thats a lot of options for a $700 1911. It will mainly be used as a range gun. Might open carry every once in a while. Was looking to spend around a $1000 on a single gun but might be able to get this and cheap carry piece with out setting my wife completely off.

Or would you rather have the Dan Wesson Heritage $1200?

Say Glock 19 and Para Elite $1200?

Last edited:
Solid pistol for the money

Hey Stokes. I have the Para Elite Stainless and consider it to be great 1911 pistol for the price. Quality components, good sights, decent trigger action, solid, tight, accurate. My only gripe would be the plastic mainspring housing, but then again some 1911's costing several hundred bucks more use those as well. Also has a plastic trigger, but that can be replaced fairly inexpensively if you want.

Have not shot this one very much yet. 300 rounds of fmj and 50 rounds of jhp with zero probs, so off to a good start. Overall, I think this may be one of the best values available in the 1911 world.

I've heard nothing but positives about Para. I know that their double stack 1911s are pretty much the best in the industry. The single-stacks are Series 80s, which I'm not a fan of but despite what others tell you the trigger pull should be fine.

I'd probably buy the Dan Wesson, but you are now talking about spending almost double. :rolleyes:

You might want to look at the stainless Springfield Loaded. They run in the $750 to $800 range.

Other decent budget 1911s are the Ruger SR1911 and the Remington R1s.

"EGW® HD Extractor" "I have read bad things about their ejectors..." Which is it that you are talking about, extractor or ejector or both?

Back