1911 Customization

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShooterDave

I am getting a Kimber Custom Classic and know that there will be at least 2 after-market, custom touches that I'd like to have done. 1)Checker frontstrap and 2) Have a new, tough, self-lubricating finish put on all parts. Pretty common things.

My question: is there ONE place I can send the gun to have this done for a reasonable price? I have ruled out Wilson Combat just because of the price and I know Ed Brown will not do such finishing. Arizona Response has an attractive finish option but doesn't do checkering...suggstions?

Thanks,
David

Accurate Plating and Weaponry, Inc.
940 Harbor Lake Dr
Safety Harbor, FL 34695

(727) 796-5583
www.apwcogan.com

Some of the best hard chrome in the business and a complete line of gunsmithing services - if you get Bob Cogan on the phone be ready to talk! He's a great guy.

Mikey

Try Robar at www.robarguns.com
They can checker your frontstrap at 20 or 30 lpi. And they are very well known for their proprietary finishes. Since you want self-lubricating, their NP3 finish is the way to go, if you like your gun to be a satin grey color (like a dull stainless steel finish). If you want a black finish, then their Roguard might be the way to go. Remember though, black finishes are not as tough as NP3, hard chrome, etc. And NP3 has the most self lubricity I believe.

ShooterDave,
Why not send it to the Kimber Custom shop. They'll do both checkering and refinish with KimPro (similar to Wilson's Armor Tuff or Birdsong's Black T) at reasonable price. I've seen their work, they've done excellent job.
Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back