1908 DWM Bulgarian Luger contract census

spacecoast

I recently purchased a 1908 Bulgarian contract Luger and have started a project to hopefully account for how many of these pistols may have survived in pretty much original condition, or reworked with only a minimum of mismatched parts. So far we are up to 38 documented pistols.

If you have one, or have any info as to the whereabouts and serial number of one, sharing that knowledge would be greatly appreciated. If you don't want to join another forum to contribute, please feel free to leave your info here and I'll be happy to add it to the master list. Pictures are greatly appreciated as well.

http://luger.gunboards.com/showthread.php?36871-1908-Bulgarian-census

My Standard Catalog of Luger says there were 10,000 made, two contract runs of 5,000 each, ordered in 1910.

Sorry, but that's all the info I have.

Good luck with your project!

My Standard Catalog of Luger says there were 10,000 made, two contract runs of 5,000 each, ordered in 1910.

Yes, they were numbered 1 to 5000 and 1C to 5000C, but apparently the vast majority of these pistols were either lost/destroyed in several wars, were refurbished with new barrels and replacement parts, were "sanitized" of their Bulgarian markings when imported, or were broken up for parts. Many Lugers can be found with Bulgarian frames, receivers, toggle links or extractors, but there seem to be very few that have kept all the Bulgarian features intact, and that's the list I'm trying to make as complete as possible.

More info is available on the thread linked to in Post #1. Thanks for your help!

Back