1907 Steyr upper reciver

Old 454

can some one help in IDing this steyr upper reciver here are a few pics.

Trying to find out what kind of Steyr this came off of.

thank you for the help. blahhh I cant get the photes to upload will have to do this from home .

Sorry for the incovienience

its an upper receiver from a bolt action rifle.It has Steyr 1907 stamped on the receiver and what appears to be a Knight on a horse on the bolt shank just below the knob and on the trigger assembly it has a circle with a funny looking cross in it.

I can't up load the pics from my work computer and my computer at home is on the fritz, but I will be installing my new computer at home tomorrow and will post the pics then.

maybe this will help

Just below the knight on the horse marking there is a serial number B3166

I think it maybe one of the rifles in the first wikki pic. posted by Emcon5

and yes it is an action...the whole firing mech. with bolt.

As I suspected, it's a Mannlicher-Schoenauer, probably one made for Greece. (See my link for Wikipedia (prior post).

ahh thank you for the Info.Now my friend just needs to find a stock for it.lol

By what I read on that Wikki link there are plenty of parts still avalible.

Is it worth it to find a stock for it ? Or is this religated to the dust bin?

Thank you again!

ahh thank you for the Info.Now my friend just needs to find a stock for it.lol

By what I read on that Wikki link there are plenty of parts still avalible.

Is it worth it to find a stock for it ? Or is this religated to the dust bin?

Thank you again!

Its probably not worth restoring but if you can figure out what the receiver threads are that action would make a very nice sporter.

In the practical sense it probably is not worth restoring but if it were me I would definitely turn it into a project and see how close to original I could get it. Keep an eye on gun broker, eBay, and the surplus stores for stocks and parts.

convertion

Can this be converted to 6.5x284 norma round and if so how expensive would it be.

Thank you for any and all info

Back