1903A3 Question??

rkb3119

Could someone place an approximate value on a NEW 1903A3. The rifle that I saw was in it's original cardboard box (at least I believe that it was) and still in the cosmoline. My cousin bought the rifle at a yard sale years ago. If someone could place an approximate value on the rifle, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

A Springfield Model 1903-A3 in NIB condition could be worth about $500-$550. Hope this helps!

Steve Mace

------------------
After today, its all historical

How much would an Excellent condition Z seires 1903a4 be worth?

------------------
-AoW[t]-Dead [Black Ops]

Dead, a Springfield Model 1903-A4 with the original scope & mounts in excellent condition could be worth about $1,150-$1,450. Hope this helps!

Steve Mace

------------------
After today, its all historical

WOW!!!! Thank you!! I am sure a Z series would be worth more, seeing how only ummmm 1500 or so were made. :)

------------------
-AoW[t]-Dead [Black Ops]

What you probably have, is a rework piece. As weapons are superceeded by new ones, they are collected at an armory, repaired to "issue" tolerances,boxed and saved for
"emergencies"and/or issued to reserve units. It is highly unlikely(possible, but ..)that it is new. A few years ago, Austrailia cut loose their stocks of SMLE enfields, in several models, onto the market, this is how the "03's got out.

There is a fellow that sets up at gun shows, who has a new, unfired low number original 1903 Springfield. it is so minty, it almost makes you afraid to touch it. Asking price is $1,200 firm. Strictly collect stuff, for sure.
Paul B.

Back