1903 scope base unknoown type

kurt112345

Inactive
Hi iam new to the forum big ww2 gun fan i need some help on telling me what type of bases these are they came off a old 1903 i picked up never seen anything like them before they have a number on them the front says 208 and the rear is 314, thanks

Attachments

• 115_0005.jpg
    115_0005.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 47
They look like Weavers. I've not looked, but I imagine they have a website. Check it out and look for those numbers.

I think the "knob" is an auxiliary peep sight, looking down over the bases with the scope off.

I don't recognize the type, a straight dovetail with recoil shoulder, certainly not a Weaver. But I no longer have the old Gun Digests and Shooter's Bibles to look them up in. If you don't have the rings, you are out of luck because they are almost certainly out of production.

I'm gonna thow a guess in here that they are for a 1903A3, with the rear sight dovetail still intact. The screw or knob on the end would then be a position lock, thus the single screw in the rear base. The machining looks similar to weaver.

Looks like it may fit the drilled and tapped 03A3 receiver I have. Want to get rid of them?

No position lock needed with a dovetail on the bottom and a screw on the top, I should think

Back