1895gs trigger question

Whetstone

Inactive
Hello, new here. Seems like every time I Google a gun question this site comes up with interesting info. So I registered and now have a question.

I have a Marlin 1895gs and the trigger is loose. Even with a round chambered, the trigger flops around. Doesn't seem to effect accuracy. Once you pull the trigger,it breaks without a noticeable difference for my part. I'm wondering what causes this and could it be adjusted, fixed replaced? Also, might it create a dangerous situation. I've never had a trigger with any play in it like this before.

Forgot to add, this is a used gun. I've had it a couple years. Shoots about 2moa at 100 yards. Bought it from an older gentleman who I doubt was very hard on the gun. Of course he might have dropped it or something. Not sure why I didn't notice and ask before buying, but there it is. I own it now. Just wondered if anyone else ever had the same issue. Thanks for any info.

Totally normal. Marlin lever actions have a 2-piece trigger/sear with some slop between them. No adjustment will fix it since it's the design, but you can replace the trigger with a Wild West trigger, it's a 1-piece design.

It's inherent to the design.

If Wild West Guns is currently making their replacement Trigger Happy Kit to fit the 1895, it should eliminate trigger flop.
Denis

Is that trigger something that is user replaceable, or would I need to find a gun smith? Also, I have see through scope mounts and a Skinner peep mounted in the dovetail on the barrel. I don't like the front blade sight, and am looking for someone who can provide a front peep. I want something that resembles a bow setup. Two circles, front and rear should be super fast in the thickets I hunt in Arkansas. Anybody ever seen anything like that? I've about decided that I will have to make my own.

The trigger may be user-replaceable, may need some minor fitting.
Can't tell for sure till you buy & try.
Denis

Back