1894 Winchester value??????

Trapperbk

Inactive
Can anyone offer me some info on the value of a 1894 Winchester? A friend of mine brought it out yesterday to take deer hunting. I didn't even know he had it. He says it hasn't been shot in 50 years. the serial number is 280813, and has 30 WCF stamped on top of the barrel. It is in good condition with only small amounts of bluing missing.

I can't help you on the value, but the manufacture date, according to the serial number is 1903. Not being shot in 50 years in not a stretch of anyones imagination.

Hope someone else can help on the value, but it no doubt would be a nice buy.

my brother in law recently had a 1912 made 1894 in 32 special appraised at $900+ I would wager that a 1903 would be worth well over $1000 regardless of caliber assuming that it has not been modified to great extent.

Condition is everything, as are features. Is it a rifle or a carbine? Saddle ring? Long barrel or short? Pistol grip stock or straight grip?

I saw one of a 1918 vintage in a pawn shop with the straight stock for about $600 a couple of months ago. It was in decent shape for an old rifle, with what looked like the original finish. I was going to get the cash to buy it, though it was sold before I was out of the door.

Back