1894 Win., .30 WCF "Trapper" ORIGINAL

Well, I'm privileged enough to own one. Just got my CA C&R clearance after a bit of a battle. The ATF clearance too almost two months.
Wish I could figure out how to post pic's.!!!

I've SEEN some 16" factory rifles. Never owned a Winchester, but do have a 16" straight grip Marlin LTS in 30-30. They made about 2000 in 1988 and 1989.

I have a good friend who has a Winchester 1892 in 32-20 trapper with a 14 or 15" barrel with a ATF letter, making it legal to own. a neat rifle.

Saw a display at a show in Utah in late 1990s with a 13, a 14, and a 15 all lined up. Owner said 12 was the shortest made and he hadn't found one yet to complete the set.

I know a guy down in WVa that has a 92 Win 44/40 that has the name of a Coal company
stamped in stock. 14" barrel, came up through his family. Story is company issued them
back in early 1900s. I have a Marlin Marauder 30/30 with 16" barrel and another one that
needs some parts in 35 Rem.

"I know a guy down in WVa that has a 92 Win 44/40 that has the name of a Coal company stamped in stock."

That's pretty cool.

I've seen other firearms like that marked with company names. Some companies back in the day had private security forces (in a lot of cases, especially in the mining industry, it was more for worker intimidation) and provided guns to them.

The most famous private company marked firearms are probably the Wells Fargo-marked Smith & Wesson Schofield revolvers that were issued to agents.

Back