1887 review bootleg review

Deja vu

Ill post pictures soon.

Any way a while ago I got a Chiappa Bootleg Deluxe from Taylors. At first I thought I got a dud. I bought some Cheep estate ammo and about 1 in every 5 rounds stuck and would not eject with out a dowel. I was very disappointed.

After a fairly crappy range session I went home disappointed. I called up my father and told him about it. He said that his grandfather had a model 1901 that had the same issues. He said to try high base brass. So yesterday I went back to the range with some buck shot that I had and it worked flawlessly! So I ran to the store (Cabellas) and bought a lot of different kinds of ammo. I found that of the ammo I bought it functioned well with every high brass loading I could find (it only is chambered for 2 3/4 inch). With the low brass It seemed to like Federal and Fiocchi but did not like Estate, or remington low brass.

I can live with that! I did not test patterning mostly because I am filling out the federal forms to make this a short barrel shotgun so the pattern will change eventually any way.

Back