1861 Pedersoli/Springfield Trial....

mehavey

For ages I'd shot an original `63 Colt Special Model Springfield in N-SSA competition. It had a sweetheart of a lock (as most originals do) and never failed me. On a long-standing whim, I picked up a Pedersoli `61 reproduction this week to give the old girl a well-deserved rest.

The Pedersoli's fit and finish were excellent. The lock/trigger wasn't as crisp as the Colt, but I knew that was going to require work/break-in from the start.

But I got it out of the box; used Kroil to dissolve/clean out the black rust preventive goo in the barrel; wiped the rest down w/ a dry cloth; dug deep into old stuff down in the basement to find my stash of Lyman thin-skirt Minnies cast back in `85; even deeper to come up w/ my even older stash of RWS musket caps; loaded up a half-dozen of my old standard of ~60gr 2Fg/GoEX under the Minnie dipped in 3:1 Crisco/Beeswax in a red plastic valve-cap "cartridge" ... and headed out....

Not bad for a simple point-of-aim-out-of-the-box test:

xq0xc.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, It's a Pedersoli !!!

The Pedersoli's are another manufacturer that I can't say anything bad about. I have had the pleasure of owning a few and the quality speaks for itself. ... ;)

Enjoy and;
Be Safe !!!

Back