1861 Navy - Full length video

Thanks Duelist for the over view . I have a question . I really like my Pietta 1860 buy the rear sight grove in the hammer is not center so she shoots left by about half the front blade .
Other then welding up the hammer and re cutting the grove , is there a place where I could get a blank hammer and then file a new grove ?

1861 navy

in the video the screen pop up said you were using a .300 diameter round ball . even with a wonder wad isn't that an under size ball?

nice video, I can't wait to get a black powder one day soon. is it just me, or is that screw above your trigger backing out? probably just the camera view. anyways, great video, your camera does a great job.

Always enjoy your videos.

Question: the paper cartridges, do they leave unburnt paper or other detritus in the cylinders?

Thanks for keeping me entertained.

1861 navy

MIKE, thanks for the reply. .380 makes more sense. I had a senior moment, LOL!!! your videos are very informative, the best. they are a must watch for me! keep em coming.

Somewhat off topic, but have you a suggestion where to obtain the necessaries for making these paper cartridges? I have read where some folks soak newsprint in saltpeter to make the cartridges, supposedly assuring complete combustion of the paper.

Too, I wonder if you have found a suitable mould for casting conicals to work well with the paper.

Lastly, the neat cartridge boxes, where do you find those to hold your finished paper cartridges?

Kaido sells his cast bullets as well. I don't know what his .36 cal bullets go for, but the .44/.45 cal bullets were $50/100 + shipping last I saw.

Hm. I guess I didn't ask my question clearly. I understand that finished cartridges may be obtained from the gentleman whose email address you have provided. I am looking for the materials to make them, including moulds for the oddly shaped conical bullets, and wondered if you had a suggestion for sourcing them.

Thanks. I'll keep looking online. If I find a good source, I'll share it here.

Regards,
Stubb

Has anyone tried to purchase any conicals from Kaido Ojama? I can't seem to find anywhere selling them. I did find a post where Kaido said he would be selling moulds for his .36 cal, but I couldn't find a spot where he said "or just buy the bullets outright!"

As far as I know only he sells them, and does sell cast up bullets. You need to contact him through his email. I'm told it can take a while to get a response though.

Back