1860 ASM nipples

Rigmarol

I have a project gun that needs a lot of work.
First on the list is new nipples. It didn't come with any.

Is there any difference between 1860 .44cal nipples among the different makers?

Any suggestions on what to get and from where would be appreciated.

I use Treso nipples on my two Dragoons and am happy with them, I have stock nipples on my Remington clone and am planning on replacing them later with Tresos. I tried to see if they would fit in the project gun out of curiosity and they don't.

So far nipples are the only missing parts.

Yes. The threads can be different depending on the maker.

Track Of The Wolf is probably your best bet as you've determined the maker (not the importer) of your gun. They have a huge table of what fits which so you can look up which of the 10,000 variations is right for you.

Definitely give the fellas at TOW a call. They may suggest that you send them your cylinder. I have sent them cones to match up for me before and nothing was ever lost. I've mentioned his name before but his name escapes me now but there are several just as knowledgable.

hello, I have an asm 1860 army that has replacement nipples in it and they are uberti 12x28 i think it was track of the wolf?
hope this helps..

1860 Army Nipples

I was just getting ready to look for niples fpr my Yard Sale 1860 Thanks for the help identifying size and possible suppliers.

ASM used 12X28 threads same as Uberti. you may find that you may have to shim up the nipples if they are short. IVe bought bargain C and Bs that someone switched out the nipples that we're too short and it didnt fire. Lucky me. I shimmed up the nips and had a shooter.

Back