1860 44 sheriff barrel

dr1445

i see taylors offers a 1860 44 sheriff barrel. anyone ever seen one? does it look like the 1860 long barrel or a 51 barrel? thanks

i don't have a 51 yet, will the shorter 60 barrel have a longer effective loading arm than a short 51 barrel? thanks

I had one of the Pietta Sheriff models and the shorter loading lever made loading a bit difficult. Not impossible just difficult.

Slixhand

It might be great, but I can't say much for their marketing skills. Neither the description nor the photo gives pertinent information on how it attaches to the loading arm. I don't believe I would buy one without knowing how it worked.

For my shorter Barrels, I use one of these screw drivers with the tip a reversible tip. The handle is red,and you usually find them on the counter at hardware stores for like $4.00. Perfect for what you want. Happy hunting.

i have a remington pietta 44 sheriff [5 1/2"] which i have loaded .457 balls in with no problem. sounds like i should be ok with a short 60 barrel, especially since i now have a .450 mold.

Foolzrushin,
The Slix rammer "cheater" merely slips over the top of any existing rammer on the revolver and makes it a longer lever.

Back