salvadore

You Cabela types should know Pietta 1858 Remingtons are going on sale next week for <$200.00, at least in my part of the country....Just a heads up.

They tend to go on sale over the holidays for $199. Coupled with a $20 off a $150 purchase or more, and sometimes free shipping too, you're wise to wait for all the stars to line up ;).

I wish we had a Cabelas. I still would love to add a Leech and Rigdon to the collection, and wouldn't mind a G&G. But they don't sell those models online, only in the stores. :mad:

How do you know ?

Also, I have read on some Forums that Cabelas will take back Black powder guns if there is an issue.
However I just called Cabelas and the gal said they do not take returns on any firearms including Black powder.
Anyone have experience with this?
Would hate to order one, have an issue and them not take a return.

Last edited:
I don't know if they take just straight up returns... but they used to exchange them if damaged or if you wanted another caliber. I have exchanged a .36 for a .44 and also had a damaged trigger guard on one and they swapped it out. But I haven't tested this in 5-6 years, so they might have changed. And it also might depend on who you talk to.

Cabela's carried the Pietta Griswold and Gunnison for at least the last 4 or 5 years. They must've just run out as they were still for sale a month or so ago.

Seems I have seen the brass frames on sale most of the time lately. I'm wondering if they intend to keep them in stock when those are gone.

noelf2 said:
They've had a steel frame 1851 .44 Navy "Yank" model for $199.99 online for the past few days.

It's a .36 cal, and I'm really tempted by that one, but thanks to D4lifeusmc, I'm stocked up on ball and wads for 44 caliber right now.

Cabelas will let you return an unfired black powder gun, I've done it before with no problems. They may make you pay the return shipping though.

It's a .36 cal, and I'm really tempted by that one, but thanks to D4lifeusmc, I'm stocked up on ball and wads for 44 caliber right now.
Yesterday 05:23 AM

There's a .44 on sale too, last I checked.

EDIT: It seems the .44 I saw was the 1860.

Last edited:
Back