1851 revolvers,who is the importer??

RoyP

I know that almost all of the are made in Italy,but Is there a way to tell which importer's name it was sold under?Like where the caliber and black powder stamps are located on the barrel or maybe by the serial number?Any help or links to help would be great.

Most if not all of the importers put their name somewhere on the firearm. Some are just more unobtrusive than others. You will usually also find the mfgr's name somewhere. The more modern the firearm the more information ison it generally. If it is fairly old (up to 1980s?) chances are pretty good that it was a Navy Arms import. They are/were one of the biggest plack powder importers.

thanks.Mine must be an older one.There aren't any names on it.The only thing it says is"sm black powder only cal.44 made in italy".It is stamped on the right lower hex of the barrel instead of the side like most I am seeing.The serial number is 0261x.It's has a brass frame and a very fine(had to see) engraving on the cylinder.I guess it doesn't really matter just though it would be neat to know.

Back