135 gr Critical Duty 9mm +p

Have had no issues firing it out of a SIG P226 or Walther P99AS.

As with all +P ammo, it will cause accelerated wear on the firearm, so I wouldn't feed any pistol a steady diet of it.

"...check with the maker..." Yep. Not all of those manufacturers' products are rated for +P pressures.
SIG, for example, doesn't mention +P in relation to any of their stuff in their advertising. However, 226 and P320 are used by the military with 9mm NATO. 9mm NATO is considered to be +P by SAAMI.

As long as the gun is rated for +P in the owner's manual, then it's fine. (Sometimes it's on the barrel as well, but not always.)

If you're planning to shoot a whole bunch of this stuff at the range, check the mfg recommendations. If not, a mag or two to see how it functions will not be a problem if it's just going to be carried and rarely shot.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

"...check with the maker..." Yep. Not all of those manufacturers' products are rated for +P pressures.
SIG, for example, doesn't mention +P in relation to any of their stuff in their advertising. However, 226 and P320 are used by the military with 9mm NATO. 9mm NATO is considered to be +P by SAAMI.
that's because in Europe there is 9mm or that weak American stuff.

I one time "Won" a 5.000 round case of mil-spec 9mm in England, and we shot a whole pile of it out of Browning Hi-Powers. Mine was a bright blue Civilian model.
The only 9mm pistols I own are Glocks, carry a G19 every day. No worries.
If you shoot some Israeli black tip? That has some real healthy recoil.
I do not think your Critical Duty is to be worried about much.
I use cheap hardball for plinking. Federal HST 147g for carrying.

If you can afford shoot a steady diet of these $1 per shot rounds, you can easily afford to get another gun when the first one wears out. Otherwise, if it's only for SD and you intend on testing a few mags thru your gun, it's fine.

I'd bet that owners' manuals are available online to check if the particular pistols that you have in mind are OK with +p.

Back