120 ranger winchester barrels (18 in.)

roach48

Inactive
I have winchester ranger 120 that I bought back in1988 that came with 2 barrels,I want to put a 18 inch barrel on it not sure if I can find one and would I have to alter the magazine.
But first I need to no what model winchester barrels fit on others.
Thanks

Pretty sure any Winchester 1200/1300 barrel with fit the 120 but maybe someone will chime in with a definitive answer. Yes, a factory original 18" bbl. will likely be hard to find...heck, any bbl. that will fit it may be hard to find and/or expensive. You may wind up having to buy a longer one and cut it, or cut one of the two you have, if you're determined to go with 18". The new Winchester Super-X pump gun also looks like the same gun as the 1300, just a different marketing program. Again, someone here may know if it is.

Last edited:
I have a 120 as well. It has a long vent rib barrel. I've been wanting to acquire a shorter barrel.

What kind/brand did you go with? Cost?

Could you please post a picture?

With such an inexpensive gun, I figure the cost of the barrel will be more than the gun itself. I don't want to cut the existing barrel, but don't want to shell out $100+ for a new barrel either.

I definitely like how smooth the action is, its just longer than ideal for HD as is.

Back