12 bore loads for VIP protection

Shin-Tao

The boss and I are rolling to a rustic out-of-the-way location to view some property he wishes to aquire. I'm bringing the mutated Mossy along. I'm probably going to stoke it with 000buck.
Known threats against the boss are unskilled non-operators usualy armed with handguns.
Terrain will be rocky, broken, cut by dirt roads.
Any comments would be helpfull. Thank you gentlemen.

Slugs. Just in case you need to reach out and touch someone. Or in case you may need to shoot through someone's rusted out truck.

Good luck and good shooting(if you need to) :D

------------------
Walk softly and carry a big stick (Yeah I know I stole it)

a question what do you mean by mutatid?

and in response to your question you might want to take the gun see where and how it shoots with slugs and take some with you just incase you have somting out of the range of buck to deal with just my .02

------------------
oneshotonekill

By mutated, I mean it has an 18.5 inch barrel and a fixed pistol grip synthetic stock.
I'll put slugs in the carrier on the stock.
1oz rifled slugs with the nice nose dimple.
Thank you again for the input.
I wish had some type of sights on the Mossy besides a copper bead.

Bench that thang with slugs BEFORE staking your life on its performance. Some loads will shoot much,much better than others,and NONE will shoot to the POA the 000 does.

Bead bbls usually shoot slugs 12-18 inches higher that the shoit pattern will center, so check it out.

And by pistol grip you mean a full stock with a PG, I hope and pray.

Oh yeah, if legal, bring along a backup. If one gun makes sense, two do also...

You bet your life it has a full stock.
I've already practiced with slugs and this specific tool. My placement is good. But still wish I had a red dot sight or Ghost rings.
Backup is legal and in the form of a Smith 65 .357mag. This weapon I've practiced with and trained with forever.
I'm a wheelgunner and don't use automatics very often.

I'll second the comment about having a rifle on hand. "Out of the way" locations usually equate to greater likelyhood of increased distances. You'd hate to be prepared for everything out to 100 yards, only to have someone start plinking at you with a rifle.

sounds like your prety well set if you know how it shoots the slugs good luck and hope you dont have to use it

btw i have a mossy set up just about like that but im in the proces of geting new shights put on it (ghost ring type)

------------------
oneshotonekill

Shin Tao, whew!! Sounds like you're fecally cognizant, and have a handle on things.Thta can be hard to tell from a post or two.

BTW, you'll never hear me talk bad about K-Frames, they were my duty arm for 20 years and never let me down.

Speaking of rifles. If you're working in rough terrain, what's the chance the BG's may have rifles? If they do what measures are you considering to counter that event. I know you said the Opfor is non-operator types armed with handguns mostly, but Murphy does strike when you least expect him to.

Sounds like you're following the Boy Scout motto. "Be prepared" I've always liked that one : )

------------------
Walk softly and carry a big stick (Yeah I know I stole it)

Back